Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Track #7 - Fake Plastic Trees

Wednesday. The 18th of July.

Didn't update for two days I guess. Busy busy busy! I am yet to write a 5000 word debate. [ eyes rolling ]. Anyhow, I am going back to campus on 20th. So that leaves me with just two more updates. So I thought I'd post one of my favorite alt rock bands. Radiohead. Now when you're listening to Thom Yorke sing the most unusual lyrics in that fashion, you don't think just how beautiful this band is or just how tight it is! You think of other issues! You think of yourself. You introspect. You try to understand those words and how each and every beat doesn't calm you but makes you question so many things within you! It makes you face your vulnerability in a sense that you accept it and you carry on with it.

This one track is immensely close to my heart. It sounds great on speakers but listen to it on headphones. You will zone out, like I do, every freaking time! [ Where did the monsoon disappear? ]

Genre: Alternative Rock
Title: Fake Plastic Trees
Artist: Radiohead

***

She lives with a broken man,
A cracked polystyrene man
Who just crumbles and burns...
He used to do surgery for the girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins.
***
You see the words? I don't even have an adjective for this track. Also, I am looking for good tattoo parlors/artists in Delhi, other than Devilz'. Do let me know if you have any info. 
 
***
 
Lots of love. And lots of beer as Monsoon cheated on Delhi!

3 comments:

Vinati said...

This is so good.

Kshipra said...

It is Radiohead, Cannot be helped.

Shruti said...

Its Radiohead. Period.

:)