Sunday, August 4, 2013

Every time I look at her these days, a movie flashes before my eyes. A scene where she is young and gorgeous, roaring to face life and the very next moment, the flashback ends- she is in her bed, quiet, thinking, going through physical pain which none of us would understand. I want to help her. I tell her everyday that she is the most beautiful woman I know and that I love her immensely.

I am not sure if she still listens to me. She is my only friend right now. She is my only listener.
And every time I see that look of pain on her face, I die a little inside. I do not care if I live my life alone, I don't want to lose her. I want to be selfish and keep her with me till I face my middle-age crisis.

Truthfully, I am petrified. I might just lose her.


***

Twenty Years | Augustana

3 comments:

Kshipra said...

You know, this really made me wish you were my lover. Really! :P


You know people should always be afraid to lose those who listen to them. We take for granted the power of understanding. So rare and profound. :)




Sorry for being away for so long...I've been reading and following your blog, but I didn't get around to commenting.

Anyway, this I had to write something :)


Tushar Mangl said...

Profound

Shruti said...

Kshipra,

Listening is so much more important than talking :-)

Tushar,
:-)