The day I actually begin with my life, I am going to save money, catch the plane, and travel across Sicily. Not with anyone else but me. I want to travel alone to Palermo- walk barefoot on the brick streets, touch the age old doors, breathe that air and fulfill this one burning desire in me!
I asked my friend what his dream destination was. He replied, "I am too caught up with career shit to think about it!" I felt sad. I felt vulnerable. I thought what if I am caught in that web too?? How could you allow your career/marriage/relationships/etc to overshadow that bucket list you made with the first love of your life? It does not matter if you're with your first love or not...but the bucket list is right there!
We look for a "decent" job to
1) buy a good car
2) live comfortably/luxuriously
3) buy clothes/shoes/bags/other stuff
4) get married to someone who too has a "decent" job
5) fornicate in five star hotel rooms during honeymoons
6) make kids and send them off to expensive schools
7) give our kids arrogance for which we are working our ass off everyday
This very day, I promise myself that I am going to add a point right before point 1)