Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Back from the Dead!

Remember where I last left you? Here.

So I talked about finding a path, about looking for a moment of clarity. Life was mundane and not so great. I am 22; I have perfected the art of going away from things which remind me of what I once was. And that included this world... where I read so many amazing words; where people have dared to share what they are; this place is special. Even if I don't have a 100 readers, I know that somewhere someone is reading and relating to all this. You see, nothing is entirely unique in this world after all. We all have the same basic emotions. Our anatomy is the same.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to come back here. Then I read this. Since a very long time I have had trouble letting go- people, things, bags, notebooks. Each time I heard the news of a goodbye, I sank. And now here I am, writing this post before a month of the big move.
The Big Move- I am moving to Mumbai next month! For college, for a new life, and most importantly, for a fresh start.

So what actually made me come back here? It wasn't the "oh-my-god-I'm-leaving" breakdown. It was much more than that. I read so many beautiful people every now and then. Kshipra being one of them. It was while reading her many posts that I realised that it doesn't matter if I have just two or three readers; I have to give back the positivity and give them a reason to smile or to be able to relate through words. I am not sure if I'll ever do justice. Hell, I'm not even sure if I have it in me anymore.
But your art matters, Kshipra. To me. And I hope I'm able to do the same to someone... to be able to inspire someone.

Will be back sooner with a better update.
Till then, listen to this

***

I missed this. 
-x-

2 comments:

rjs said...

welcome back, Shruti...missed you...

Kshipra said...

Shruti, Thankyou. Really. I really don't know what to say. But, this put a huge smile on my face.
Also, I hope you write more when you are off to Mumbai.
A lot of things can bog us down, but giving up on our own forms of expression is letting the best of yourself coming under its weight. Hoping for more posts soon. And even if people don't read them, if you choose to write about anything, that part is still genuinely yours. So keep going. :)