Monday, June 27, 2011

Independence.

Our lives, they are a glimpse into what they called the jeopardy of a lifetime. We lost it all... when I laughed and you slept.

Our house, it is a well. They call it the potion of darkness. We lost it all... when I spoke and you stood still.

Our walls, they are the scrapped pieces of our love. They call it the light that led everyone to the wars. We lost it all... when I stripped and you stared.

Our hearts, they are the holes everyone wants to fall into. They call it the brutality of those two sperms that won the race of millions. We lost it all... when I died and so did you!

***

Now Playing: You've Changed | Bettie Serveert

11 comments:

phatichar said...

Whoa, deep!

Vinati said...

So deep!

Shruti said...

Thanks, you both. :-)

Greeshma. said...

There is a connect but I get lost in the words...

Shruti said...

Greeshma,
so were you not able to relate to it? or was the piece not formed correctly?

Greeshma. said...

I gave it a read once again. What I like about what you have written is the sentences read amazing when they are independent.
But when together it becomes a little muddled up.
Kinda like what the post is supposed to be about I guess.
The lines are amazing. I am thinking of stealing a few if I can though. :P

CRD said...

Woah. You've really evolved as a writer...

Cheers
CRD

Shruti said...

Greeshma,
That is what I wanted to do. The sentences are to be read independently, thus the title Independence. Though the title has other connotations as well.

But hey, you can always steal :P

Thanks for dropping by. :-)

Shruti said...

Chris,
Thanks buddy :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow !
got the feel !
loved it !

Shruti said...

Thanks, Konvict :D